Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friend Spotlight: The Best Friend


Meet my best friend, her name is Jodi.

Yesterday morning I got to enjoy some much needed time with her before I headed into work. It was a rainy morning in SLO. We got to cozy up, sip some cappuccino's and nibble on a delicious scone in a quaint, adorable coffee shop called Sally Loo's (it's as adorable as the name sounds). We sat discussing what's happening in our lives: fears, joys, God's plans and everything else in between. It was somewhere between taking a sip of my cappuccino and listening to Jodi talk about her her new job as the librarian at an elementary school that it hit me. Our friendship has grown so incredibly much since we were little scrawny freshmen in college. We are growing up together, our friendship has left the realm of college and that gets me so excited for what's to come!


Jodi and I met back in 2006 when we moved into the dorms. She lived on my floor. The first time we hung out was slightly awkward, I'm not going to lie. She forgot my name. I was really shy, quiet and very unsure about the whole situation. As a little time passed, I came to learn that she was a sister in Christ and we were able to connect on a pretty deep level. Once again, as it is with most of my friends, the rest is history. We have been inseparable ever since. 

I love our relationship, I wouldn't change it for anything. Jodi is my rock. She has taught me so much and I am so grateful for her. There is no doubt God put put her on my floor freshman year for a reason, she is meant to be in my life. There is no way I could have made it through my time at Cal Poly without her. Amongst all the craziness these past few years, Jodi is the one person who has been constant in my life.


I love that she can call me out on things and I know its because she loves me. She is not afraid to be real with me and I with her. I love that she calls me up to tell me when the Lord has done something great in her life. 



I have loved watching her grow in her relationship with the Lord, seeing her choose to serve Him in all she does. It has been encouraging to me. She serves other's selflessly and it shows in her day to day life. 

Jodi has seen me at my all time worst and at my best, she knows my weaknesses and my strengths. She knows how I tick. I swear sometimes we are sisters who were separated at birth. She was there to encourage me and build me up when the Lord was changing my life and healing my broken heart a couple years ago. She is still there encouraging me and supporting me in all that I do.  I love that our friendship is rooted in Christ.


I have been trying to think of words to describe her, but I can't. Not because there aren't any, but because she is everything. This girl is the whole package, she has every quality a friend should have and then some. Jodi has a heart of gold.

Jodi, thank you for being you, for being my best friend, for being there for me always and loving me even when I mess up. I'm looking forward to the years to come; to growing old with you, double dates with the husbands, being mom's together, having play dates for our kids....it will be grand! 


There is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for God giving me our friendship, I don't know what I would do without you. My dear Jodi, my best friend, my sister in Christ, you are a gift from God that I will always cherish. You let the light of Christ shine through you and you bring so much joy into my life

I absolutely love you to pieces!!!








No comments: