Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trying to be Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

As much as I would love to pretend that everything in life is peachy and perfect
I'm afraid I have to be honest.
I've been having a hard time being thankful as of late.
More so I've been having a hard time,
remembering God's faithfulness.

I'm currently struggling.
It's been hard watching those around me move on with their lives
while I feel like I'm stuck, stagnant and going no where.
I'm struggling to fight off thoughts that
I am not good enough
I am not desirable
I am not worth it
I am unwanted, unloved and unworthy.
It sounds so silly as I write this,
but unfortunately it's my reality and it's ugly.

Needless to say I haven't really been in the 
"thankful" mood the past few weeks.
All the more reason to sit and think about all of the Lord's provisions.
He is faithful,
whether I "feel" it or not.

So today I am thankful for
great books
time alone reading in the park
soccer games
letters from Hawaii
the ability to run
apples and peanut butter
gmail chatting
learning how to love from my sweet niece


weddings
 designing wedding flowers
dancing
getting to wear a bridesmaid dress more than once
these two lovely ladies who have greatly impacted my life
and relationship with the Lord


traveling
snugly couch conversations
giving terrarium building lessons
getting to know my friends husband more
babies being born
spending time in Utah with my dear friend Christina


being in the mountains
snowfall
cold weather
really great hot chocolate
adventure
exploring
snowshoeing!


spending time with my family
a dad who takes care of my car troubles
(even when thousands of miles away)
a brother who has allowed me to use his car for the past few weeks
while I don't have one
catching up with friends I haven't talked to in ages
planning reunion weekends with college friends
my sweet roommates



decorating our cozy apartment
watching my front porch garden grow
Downton Abbey
trips to the zoo
learning how to pray
learning about my passions
sweet times with the girls I disciple

I know that today,
I am truly thankful that there is purpose in all things.
That no matter what season of life I am in,
God's purpose is great and His faithfulness will be unveiled. 

What are you thankful for today?...


2 comments:

Jarah said...

oh, girl. we definitely need to talk.

Sue Ming said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.