Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thankful Thursday: the one where gratitude changes everything.

It's been a while.
Almost three whole years.
I'm not sure how, when, or why I walked away from the blogging world
but I guess I'm back
for a little bit at least.
It honestly feels awkward sitting here at my computer typing this
I feel like I've never done this before.
I feel out of place.
Power through Rae, power through!

Ok so I have this framed print out that I found online
(for free obvi)
during the Thanksgiving season a few years back.
I printed it not because it was a free thanksgiving printable
(cause lets be real who doesn't love a freebee printable)
but because I love what it says.


G R A T I T U D E   C H A N G E S   E V E R Y T H I N G
and I really believe that it does.

Over the past couple months I have gone back and forth
between wanting and not wanting to
revisit this blog
But every time I go to the bathroom
(tmi??)
or take a shower
or brush my teeth 
I see this phrase staring back at me
and today I finally made a decision
(and ironically it is Thursday)
I am going to *attempt* to bring back
Thankful Thursdays.

I'm not sure what this will look like.
I'm not sure if it will look like it used to.
I'm not sure if I'll do it every week.
But right now I am doing it.

In my current season of life
(the busy season...which i feel like every season of life is)
 I don't want any of the Lords provisions to go unnoticed.
I don't want to loose my gratitude for his provisions because I am
"too busy"
that's unacceptable


So this blog is to keep me accountable
 to keep me grateful for all the provisions God has so graciously given and continues to give. 
(I deserve N O N E of them btw)
The little things.
The big things.
And everything in between.

So with all that being said
 today I am thankful for...

dinner dates
conversations with my mom
celebrating my sweet dad
quick trips to San Diego
celebrating friends and their accomplishments 
(yay lindsay)


car rides down the coast
summer nights
weekend trips to Salt Lake City
airplanes
(even if I hate them, they are still pretty incredible)


being surrounded by mountains
catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while
meeting precious babies
coffee, coffee and more coffee
flowers
celebrating beautiful weddings


playing with flowers
a fiancé who will drive all the way to LAX to pick me up late at night
(even if he is exhausted)...
...and then take me to In n Out
seeing my puppy
(insert weeping emojis here)
surprising friends late at night
angels games
face timing with friends in Florida
my job
my home
my room
my sweet roommates
my car(s)
surprises
wedding planning
getting to marry my best friend
(this total babe)


sweet text messages from my friends parents who offer to help with wedding plans
getting to marry my best friend
(i know i said that twice)
trips to home depot
dinner on the patio
that june gloom came and left quickly
sweet, life giving conversations
potting benches
McDonalds vanilla iced coffee
(if you haven't had one you are missing out)
my church
sushi
technology
evening walks with  T O N S  of gorgeous blooms


and lastly
I am so thankful for my Saviors immense and radical love for me.
I am so grateful for his abundant blessings in my life
none of which I deserve and yet he pours out his blessings
every
single 
day


what are you thankful for today???







No comments: