Friday, December 14, 2012

It's Friday. But I'm Still Thankful.

A very happy Thankful Thursday Friday to you!

My brain has turned to mush after a week and a half of staff meetings
and I didn't realize yesterday was Thursday.
My bad.
Despite the business of life there is a great deal to be thankful for.

Today I am thankful for...
trips to places I have never been


crossing state lines
spending time with great people
eating delicious food
running my first half marathon
{despite getting really sick the day before the race}


and of course for these two guys who also ran 
the lights, the sounds and the great atmosphere of the race
 ice cold chocolate milk at the finish line
that God has blessed me with the ability to run
for my wonderful cheer squad shouting, yelling
and high fiving me as I ran my way through Vegas...



making new friends
coming home to my sweet roommates
trying new things
face timing with my niece
surviving a dreaded trip to the dentist
making big decisions
learning to be refreshed in the Lord
God's continual 
faithfulness & grace
recognizing areas in my life I need to grow in
learning more about the people I work with
Christmas brunches
baking blueberry muffins from scratch


cozy evenings on the couch
little compliments that make me smile
sweet text messages from dear friends
planning out the flowers for a wedding this coming weekend
free peppermint lattes
great books
crafting
dinners at the Priest household
getting Christmas cards in the mail
 evening runs through neighborhoods twinkling with Christmas lights
a roommate who cooks me dinner
celebrating this cutie patooties birthday


surprise trips home
driving in the rain
Christmas music on the radio
sisters who let me borrow their clothes
seeing my dad while he was back on the mainland 
for a very short day and half


And I am so very thankful that in 3 days 
I will be hoping on a plane
and heading on over to Salt Lake City.
Let the adventures begin!


What are you thankful for today?...


1 comment:

Ashleigh R said...

Thankful for God, thankful for being home, for a Christmas tree and decorations, for my friends and boyfriend, for hot chocolate, and Christmas shopping, and so much more! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful, Rae!