Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

It hasn't been a very pretty week.
But among all the difficulties,
 hurt and chaos that this world throws at us
there is a God who loves us and pours out blessing after blessing.

So today I am thankful for...
a delicious Thanksgiving dinner
and all the hands that cooked, baked and prepared it


facetiming with my dad 
spending an entire day doing yard work
postcards from Hawaii
babysitting my baby niece
spending time with my siblings
making terrariums


spending time outside
rain and the crispness of fall
leaves changing colors
rock walls covered with maidenhair ferns
hiking and adventuring with friends
climbing up waterfalls


grabbing coffee with friends
friends who really care about me
who notice when things aren't right
who ask questions, listen and speak truth into my life
that in 17 days I'll be in Salt Lake City
and in 26 days I will be picking up my roommate from the airport 
{she's been away for 6 months}
evening runs through neighborhoods all lit up with Christmas lights
my Christmas Pandora station
that it's officially Christmas season
the fact that I can now curl up on the couch,
 watch Christmas movies
and feel no shame
{I'm currently watching elf as I write this post}


What are some things from the past week
that you are thankful for?...


No comments: