Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday 
Dear Friends!

And happy first day of November,
what a great way to kick start this month of Thanksgiving.


I honestly feel like it's been a year since my last Thankful Thursday.
Ok maybe not a whole year,
but it's been a very long 2 weeks.

This past weekend we took around 90 college students 
up into the mountains for fall retreat.
It's all pretty much a big blur.
But it happened,
and God did work.

And these past couple weeks through my
 exhaustion, stress, crabbiness, sensitivity, 
and occasional {or frequent} bad attitude.
God still continued to be faithful
and there is a vast amount to be thankful for.
{and gosh, I deserve none of it}

Today I am thankful for...
A God who changes lives
{who changed my life}
a God who loves me beyond all comprehension
an incredible weekend 
spent with incredible students
trying new things
my growing affection for each of my teammates
the Lords not so subtle reminders that I'm not superhuman
days off 
time spent alone
 gardening
sleep
coffee
 BOTH of my freshman Bible studies
have I mentioned how much I love my job?...
wednesday morning discipleship with these 2 ladies


the mountains
crisp autumn air
clouds
my journal
gmail chatting with far away friends
a clean room
my simmering apple cider scented candle
fresh san luis sourdough bread
great friends that let me borrow their cornhole set
{time spent with my roommate Erin
sipping pumpkin spice latte's from the coffee bean
and carving our bottom of the barrel, 
last pick pumpkins from Trader Joe's}


my car 
crafting
learning to be more independent
running holes into my running shoes
learning to pray bold prayers
new flannel
paintings from Paris
planning an epic trip to southern Utah
being excited for my future
grabbing coffee with friends from church
That there is an amazing God,
who desires to be in relationship with me
and has promised to remain and walk through this life with me.


What are you thankful for today?...


No comments: