Friday, February 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday {Friday}

Happy Thankful Thursday  Friday to you!

Life has been busy as of late and I'm afraid I don't even know what day of the week it is.
 I'm also afraid illness has struck.
On Valentines Day I found out I have shingles.
{so lovely}
and a couple days ago I turned into a 
tea drinking, sore throat, congested, snotty, fuzzy brained mess.


Needless to say I've been a bit of a grumpy pants
{sorry to any of those it has affected}
so this post could not come at a better time.
I'm in need of some reminding of all the the blessings
the Lord has provided.

Today I am thankful for
tea & honey
our comfy couch
medicine
new doctors 
great books
having my own bedroom,
being able to make this space my own


journaling
sweet roommates who take care of me
that in 12 days my other half will be moving back from Florida
nesting & decorating
family dinners
{and the leftovers that come with them}
my tiny garden
picking out flowers at the flower mart


flower arranging
fresh flowers in the apartment
the smell of stock
trips to Lowe's garden center
birthday celebrations
my baby niece holding me and telling me she loves me
giving my niece lessons in gardening
and watching her learn


a successful women's retreat
the snow covered hills around Irvine
facebook messages from friends I haven't seen in a while
candle light
&
twinkle lights
being made aware of areas in my life that need growth
good conversations
getting to know people better
opportunities to be creative
building a portfolio
that in 26 days I will be boarding a plane to South Africa
that tomorrow is Saturday

What are you thankful for today?...

No comments: