When reflecting on the past week, this is what I've come to find.....
- I Got a 3.02 GPA this past quarter. Closest I have ever come to a 3.0 was a 2.9 (what a let down) a couple years ago. So it looks like having no social life and not cleaning during finals week paid off :)
- My senior project group got an A on the first half of our project.
- A professor who (for unknown reasons) has had issues with me since my first quarter at Cal Poly and has given me a C- EVERY quarter for no reason, gave me a B-. Maybe it was the meeting with the dean of the college that helped? God only knows I guess :)
- I didn't get sick once this past fall quarter, that never happens.
- I have been given the opportunity to work (pretty much full time) in both my sister's and her husbands financial advising office's while I'm home for break. I haven't worked since the beginning of September, my wedding floral design job won't pick up until wedding season starts in spring. I came home this past week with $0 to my name and now this job has been handed to me on a sliver platter.
- I can now buy my family Christmas gifts! (thanks to the above)
- I just got a second job up in SLO working at our on campus floral shop and will be working with my horticulture friends!
- I had a little discipleship time via Skype with a wonderful woman.
- I have a new found respect for people in business who work in offices. It's not easy!
- My "phone phobia" is being challenged every day with all the phone calls I take and am asked to make in the office. It's been rough, but I'm learning.
- I have learned that I really am more of a scientific, hands on kind of girl. I'm good with scientific names, being outside, working in labs, writing lab reports, and knowing how plants function. This whole financial planning, business stuff is like a foreign language to me. Taking a horticulturist and throwing her into a business world makes for a great show, I'm just saying.
- I have learned that I am more of a dependent person rather than an independent person. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Lastly, I've learned to expect the unexpected. It makes life exciting!
And to think with all I have experienced, I haven't even been out of school a week yet. As the first week of break comes to a close, I am excited to see what God has in store for me in the weeks ahead! As for the weekend, I am off to get in some much needed snuggle time with my baby niece. And I must say, I'm pretty excited for the upcoming week, things are going to be getting pretty crafty around here. So stay tuned!
Hope you're enjoying your wintery week!