Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY Vintage Dresser Makeover

I recently got my hands on a 75 year old dresser
and it was love at first sight.


Everything on it was original.
The paint,
to the adorable key holes,
and even the cute crystal knobs.


This dresser is what I call truly"vintage" 
and it was in need of some serious TLC.
It just so happened at the time that I was itching for a new project to do
and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
A makeover was in order
and all it took was 7 easy peasy steps.

{step 1}
Began by removing all the hardware.

{step 2}
Sanded down the oil based paint.


{step 3}
Used a wet cloth and wiped off excess dust from sanding.

{step 4}
Primed it up!


{step 5}
Picked out and purchased paint at Sherwin Williams.
(my new favorite paint store)


{step 6}
Painted and let dry.


{step 7}
 I gave it a new home.
So it was out with the old hand me down from my college years...


and in with the "new"...


No comments: