Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving fell on a Thursday,
how convenient is that?

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Today I am thankful for coffee dates with my best friend.
(Especially when Starbucks has their holiday cups out).


I really don't know why going to a coffee shop,
being bundled up, 
sitting across from your best friend
 and sipping on a cup of coffee is so wonderful.
It just is.

Jodi.

I haven't seen my best friend in 5 months.
That's the longest we've gone without seeing each other
since we've been friends.
Yesterday, we spent hours sitting in Starbucks.
Chatting and catching up on life.
Exchanging "Auntie" stories.
Discussing matters of the heart.
Reminiscing about our dorms days.
Talking about our new lives and new jobs.



Thank you God, 
for best friends and for delicious coffee.
And that combining both of them makes for a perfect afternoon.

What are you thankful for on this beautiful Thanksgiving day?

No comments: