Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Today, I am thankful for good books.

I find it strange that this is something I'm actually thankful for.
I am not someone who typically likes to pick up a book and just read it.
I always thought I hated to read.

This is how it normally goes...
Someone I know tells me I need to read a certain book.
 "Rachel you have to read this, it's a total Rae book."
I shrug my shoulders and brush it off. 
Whatever, I don't like reading.

Typically it's multiple people,
over a period of time that try to get me to read something.
And eventually I give in and read whatever it is.
 Every time, I end up loving it.

Most recently it was "The Hunger Games".


People have been telling me to read this for a while now.
I NEVER wanted to.
Who wants to spend time reading about kids being forced to kill each other?
Um, how morbid and upsetting is that?!
Oh but, it's not at all what I thought it to be...

I'm really not sure how it happened, but I finally gave in.
And of course I loved it.
I read it in less than 24 hours.
And I'm the world's slowest reader,
so obviously I liked  loved it.

Time for book #2!

I really enjoy these types of books.
Books with stories I can see clearly in my mind,
I love getting to use my imagination.
Books with characters that I can relate to in some way.
Books with adventure, that leave me itching to know what's next.
Books that get me excited.
And of course books with some sort of romantic tension....
Yes, The Hunger Games had it all.

A little side note-
 The main character was very well versed in the plant world...
I was sold pretty quickly on that one.
Naturally.

So, I am thankful for good books.
Books that make me want to pick up more books and read.
I'm also very thankful for the people who talk me into reading them all!

Maybe I've actually been a reader all along.....

No comments: