Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!



I missed last Thursday.
My bad.
It was kind of a crazy week.

Today, I am thankful for prayer.
More specifically, How the Lord works through prayer.

God's been showing me recently through very specific instances,
that my prayer life needs some serious help.

God desires to know our hearts.
And He is teaching me how to truly share my heart with Him.
All of it, including those parts I try so desperately to ignore.

I'm learning to pray BOLDLY.
I'm learning to ask God for specific things.
And I am learning that God truly answers.
If you ask God to change you and challenge you.
He will.
Oh goodness, He will!

I am thankful that we serve a God who desires to hear from us.
Who desires to know our deepest desires and our struggles.

I am thankful that the Lord is giving my prayer life a makeover.
I am thankful that He is showing me new things about who I am in Him.
I am thankful that He is challenging me and refining me.
I am thankful that prayer is powerful.



“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened".
{Luke 11:9-10}


What are you thankful for today?


No comments: