Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Today,
 I am thankful for bouquets of fresh flowers.


Naturally with my background in horticulture,
 I love flowers.
They are beautiful and intricate.
But beyond their physiology and science,
there is something I love even more about them.

They hold something special.
They have the capability to bring joy to anyone and everyone,
to completely turn someone's day around.
They are powerful.


One of the things I miss most about working in a florist shop
are the stories I'd hear about each bouquet I would arrange.
They all had their very own, unique anecdote.
There was not one story that was the same
and they never cease to put a smile on my face.

Whether they are for someone else,
for yourself,
or even just an addition to a room,
you can never go wrong picking up a fresh bouquet of flowers.


Lord,
 thank you for giving us these simple pleasures to enjoy!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: