Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday friends!


Today I am thankful for
the ways in which the Lord uses people to touch our lives.
For the ways in which He uses people in our lives to point us back to Him.

It's always one's you never expect who sneak into your life
and change it without you realizing it.

I look back on moments in my life.
Moments of brokenness, impact, restoration, change,
moments where I am pointed back to Christ.
There was always someone the Lord provided to be there with me
who was spurring me on in some way.


 I recently met someone who did just that.
Someone I thought was just one of those people you meet 
and 3 seconds later forget their name.
I had no idea when I shook their hand,
the things the Lord would teach me through them.

I didn't know it at the time,
but my heart was in need of some realigning with the Lord's
and my prayer life was nothing to ride home about.
I then met this person,
and my life slowly began to shift.

Through my interactions with them,
the Lord reminded me of the uniqueness and beauty of a person's story.
No matter how messy or hard it may be everyone has one 
and God shows up in them all,
the Lord peruses us whether we see it or not.
The Lord desires to be in relationship with every single person He created.
I was reminded when the Lord puts someone or something on your heart...
to pray, and pray, and pray some more.
And finally, 
I was shown that the Lord places people in our lives for a purpose.


God used this person to change me.
Someone I hardly know, 
someone I may never see again.
Someone who has no idea the impact they have left on my life.
Maybe one day I'll be able to tell them how God used them,
but for now I'm extremely thankful for where the Lord has it all...
 in His hands.


Thank you Lord,
for the people you bring in our lives
who point us to You.

What are you thankful for today?...

No comments: