Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with how fast the weeks are flying by.
It's slightly terrifying.

Anyway...
Today I am thankful for someone who means the world to me.
Her name is Lianne and she is ridiculously awesome.

Lianne and I grew up in a close proximity to each other,
but didn't actually meet until our 11th grade AP US History class.
Senior year we were in ASB together
and also worked at the same daycare center.

Prom throw back.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure how it all happened.
But somehow we found ourselves friends.
Really great friends.
The "I'm not sure what I would do with out you" friends.

Something I love about our friendship
is that Li and are very different from one another.
She is someone I look up to, someone I admire
and someone whose strengths and talents I would love to learn.

She is loving, compassionate, loyal, devoted and an absolute sweet heart.
She is bold, outgoing, independent, and a total go getter.
Nothing holds her back.
Nothing.


Since graduating high school,
 our friendship has been long distance.
With her living in Northern California, London and Washington DC.
I love that no matter how far we are
or how long its been
 we pick up exactly where we left off.

I'm so stinking thankful for you Li,
God has blessed me abundantly through you and through our friendship.
You have stood by me through so much.
and you have walked with me through big turning points in my life.

You were the reason I made it through our senior year of high school.
You were there when I found out I got into Cal poly,
but was rejected from Davis.
You were there when I had my heart broken by a guy for the first time
{and all the times after}.
You were there through all the ups and downs of college.
And now post college,
you are still standing with me through all that this life brings.


Li you have and continue to be 
a constant source of encouragement and joy.
 I am so unbelievably thankful for you,
that God has placed you in my life.
And I'm so thankful 
that after two years of being on separate sides of the country, 
we are now 
{pretty much}
in the same place at the same time.

I just love you to pieces.

Who are you thankful for today?...

No comments: