Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friend Spotlight: The Soul Sister

Meet My Dear Friend Whitney....


She is my soul sister.  
I truly admire her.  
We spend hours talking about God and challenging each other in our walks with the Lord.  One thing I really appreciate about her; she gives it to me straight, no sugar coating anything. 

Bible Study Ladies.

Whitney and I met in bible study, her and a couple other girls joined my study at the beginning of our second year.  It is always interesting when women bible studies merge, you have already built relationships and you aren't really looking for anymore.  Well, at least that is how it was for me. As always, God had other plans.  It wasn't until our Junior year that we started to really connect.


We spent time getting to know each other through Campus Crusade retreats and events, bible study gatherings, and somehow started meeting up one on one for coffee dates. That tradition has carried out these past few years.


Our relationship grew and we became very close. I was extremely blessed to be a part of a very special occasion back in the summer of 2009 when Whitney married the love of her life...


...it was a fabulous party!

I was a little nervous when she got married, that it was going to change our relationship. It did, but it only got better! It has been encouraging to see her walk through her marriage and her relationship with her husband. To watch her lovingly serve her husband and to see them pursue God together.


It has been so wonderful to have this lady in my life. She has showed me nothing but love, encouragement and support and I am so thankful for it all!

I got to spend the afternoon with her today. We spent time catching up while laying on the beach sipping sweet tea and iced coffee...ahhhh pure bliss.  When I got home, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm moving away in a few weeks!  What will I ever do without seeing her every Thursday night at Bible Study, or having our coffee dates, or hopping in my car and being at her home in only a few minutes? What am I going to do without my soul sister?!

God's got a plan for our relationship and I'm excited to see how it will grow in the coming months and years! 
I have no doubt God put you in my life for a reason.
Whit, I treasure you.

No comments: