Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Support Update--Only 13.3% Left to Go!

The past 3 days have been rough.
Things have been at a slight stand still.
I have felt hopeless.
I have been praying, pleading and begging God to give me miracles.
After countless phone calls only to get voicemails and hundreds of emails and 
facebook messages to people I know well, slightly and not at all...
I felt that there was nothing but silence form the Lord.


Ugh, here we go with the waiting again...
Why is patience so painful for me?

Yesterday I woke up bruised from the days before,
but determined to keep pushing forward.
Determined to get this done.
I spent some time with the Lord asking that He would bring me to 80% by the end of the day.
I worked all day with absolutely no progress (that I could see that is).
I was still sitting at 75%.
My heart was aching.

I then got a phone call from someone who is overseeing my support raising.
She gave me one last and final deadline to get my support in.

This Friday the 16th.


It was a difficult conversation.
But, she spoke such encouraging words and prayed for me.
She didn't (or at least I think she didn't) know
that I was balling my eyes out while she was praying for me.
All I could think to myself was this is it, I'm done, there is no way I will finish.

I had to get out of the house.
I went and ran 5 miles, it was a gorgeous evening.
I spent those 45 minutes talking with the Lord.
I continued to ask Him for a miracle.
"80% by tonight Father, 80%, You can do this!"

Well I'm here to tell you God answers prayers,
and gives us miracles.
I came home from my run and my night completely changed.
I went from crying tears of worry to crying tears of joy.

Last night my support reached 86.7%.

The Lord brought me up 11% in just one night!
Not only did He bring me to 80% but exceeded it by 6%.
Sometimes I feel like God likes to show off.

Last night I went to bed feeling...


I felt so full of the Lord's Joy.
I was in awe of our God who provides for us in unexpected ways.
Who blesses us beyond anything we deserve.
Who DOES hear our prayers and answers them.
Who's timing is perfect, despite what we think.

I only need SIX more people to give $100 a month.
SIX!
Then I can meet up with my team and dive into this campus ministry.
It is very important I finish by this Friday.
Next Monday marks the beginning of welcome week for the incoming students at UCI.
This is where we will get to meet the thousands of incoming freshman.
My heart longs to be able to be a part of it all and to see what the Lord has planned!

I'm praying for you six (or more) people that the Lord has called to be a part of this team.
I'm praying that the Lord will bless your decision to be a part of this ministry,
That the blessing of your gift would be given back to you to supply your needs.

If you would like to join me in this ministry of reaching the Lost with the Gospel.
you can join my team HERE.
Please feel free to email me, I would love to connect with you!
rjgordon88@gmail.com





1 comment:

HollyB said...

Rachel, your sight is super cute, as far as the eye goes :-). What's more, and better, I love to hear the outpourings of your heart and to watch how your journey with Jesus is moving. Wow. Thanks! May the LORD bless you indeed!

xoxoxo from HollyB