Saturday, March 10, 2012

2 Weeks From Today...

I will be boarding an airplane along with 6 other people
to embark on, no doubt, 
one of the greatest adventures I have ever been on. 
(Not to mention, the longest flight I've ever been on...)
To a continent I never dreamed I would go to.
Africa.


In 2 weeks,
I will be headed to the beautiful country of South Africa!
It honestly doesn't feel real.
I'm not sure it ever will.
But, it's happening.
And it's happening soon!

God has provided such an amazing and unique opportunity,
and I am so blessed to be a part of it!


via

I will be helping lead a team of 4 students from UCI
on a vision trip.
This trip is specifically designed to show the students
what ministry would look like on a Cru summer project
as well as a STINT (Short Term INternational)
 in South Africa.

While there,
we'll be coming alongside the current STINT team,
sharing our faith
and getting an idea what ministry looks like on a day to day basis.

I can't even begin to express my excitement,
that these 4 students have committed to giving up their spring breaks
to go on this vision trip.
This is BIG for UCI,
our students are seeing the need for the Gospel around the world,
and have willing hearts to take it to the end of the earth.
Literally, the ends of the earth!

via

If you are at all interested in partnering with me
in this vision trip to South Africa,
 please feel free to contact me!
Or, you can click here visit my personal online giving page
to make a donation!

Every day,
 the amount of butterflies in my stomach grow significantly.
But, I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store!
This really is going to be a wonderful adventure.

Bring it on!

2 comments:

Jarah said...

Oh. my. goodness. I am beyond pumped for you. I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for 6 months while I was in college and it rocked my world. I cannot wait to read how God uses this place to steal you heart... It's going to be such a great adventure. Know you're being prayed for!

Rachel Dulaney said...

Oh my gosh, Rae!! So excited for you!! God does some pretty crazy awesome things. Love you and praying for you!!