Friday, March 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday (Friday)

Happy Friday to you!

Today,
I am thankful for Joy.

The past few months have been filled with a lot of ups and downs.
I have been in a funk.
Until just recently.

When I get worked up and stressed out,
the first thing that goes out the window is my time with the Lord.
I was thinking of everything I could do that would make me feel better,
make me feel "happy".
What I didn't realize was that my life was becoming robbed of joy.
In fact,
I was becoming numb.
I was beginning to run on empty.

Via

The Lord brought me to my breaking point a couple weeks ago.
And I realized you can only run on empty for so long
and that "happiness" is not what my soul longed for.
As I began to break down
I began to dig deeper into God's word.
And as I began to make time with Him a priority,
I realized what was missing from my life.

Joy.

It was then as if the Lord softly spoke to me...

"Rachel turn to me, rely on me, be filled with me. 
I am and always will be your constant, steady source of joy".

Via

Thank you God, that you offer us joy.
Not happiness, but pure,
deep joy that is more than just a feeling or emotion,
but a way of life.
I am thankful that the joy of the Lord runs deep through my soul.
I am thankful that the joy of the Lord is my strength!
(Nehemiah 8:10)

What are you thankful for today?...

No comments: