Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: The South African Edition

Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Well shoot,
God is good.
It's as simple as that folks.

It feels nice to be back blogging!
It's been ages since I've last updated,
 at least if feels that way.
Gad has done BIG things in the past week and a half,
and it has been the most amazingly, beautiful whirlwind.

In the last 10 days I have been on 6 (agonizingly long) plane rides 
and traveled a total of 20,000 miles
 to one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
South Africa.

Choosing just one thing I am thankful for today
seems just plain absurd, and frankly impossible.
I have experienced God's abundant blessings
over and over again these past couple of weeks.
And I want to share with you a handful of them.

First and foremost,
 I am thankful for God's safety and protection...


1. Surviving about 4 1/2 days of travel and about 50 hours in the air.
2. Almost being eaten by lions.
3. Ginormous bugs.
4. Jon's driving.

Ok, so I'm half kidding about those 4.
But, I am so thankful for the Lord's provisions this past week.
We all stayed safe,
and for the most part healthy.

It was so cool to see the Lord reveal Himself to us during our time in SA,
and in so many different ways!
Through sharing our faith, our team, His creation, His Word...
The list goes on and on.

Today, 
I am thankful for...



1. Sharing the Gospel on the NMMU Campus and welcoming a new brother in Christ into the family (praise the Lord).
2. Meeting up with students, sipping on coke and discussing the awesomeness of God.
3. Attending Crusades weekly meetings at NMMU.
4. Meeting the student leaders of Crusade.
5. South African plant life (I was in heaven).
6. Breathtaking ray's of sunshine.
7. Vibrant sunsets.
8. Being wide awake to see multiple sunrises.
9. Rhino's and rainbows.
10. Swimming in the Indian Ocean.
11. Eating termites.
12. Delicious cappuccino's.
13. My team-Jessica, Erin, Ian, Jon, Matt, and Aubrey.

What are you thankful for today?...

No comments: