Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Final Update {holding back the tears}

Wrapping Things Up....

What a great two years it has been. I am beyond blessed to have been a part of what God is doing with college students at UC Irvine and around the world; it has been such an adventure. I can’t even begin to thank you enough for your prayers and support over the past two years, God has used each of you in huge ways and because of you, people were able to hear and receive the Gospel.

I had the privilege of ending my time with Cru on a stateside summer project and for five weeks I lived in Santa Monica, California. I am here to tell you that I loved every minute of it. We spent most of time in the community; on 3rd street promenade, the beach, parks, coffee shops, etc, doing outreaches and sharing our faith. One of the things I enjoyed most about being in Santa Monica was getting to meet and talk with people from all over the world. Santa Monica is a melting pot, full of all different types of people from a plethora of different countries. While there, my students and I got to meet and share our faith with people from Korea, Italy, Saudi Arabia, and France. Conversations I will never forget!  

All of the lovely women on project.

Another highlight from project was getting to lead and disciple 6 of the most wonderful women from California and Arizona. I sat back in amazement and watched as the Lord radically changed their lives as they learned what living out the Great Commission can look like and as they were trained up and sent out to share their faith. 


Meet Rubi, one of my disciples. 

This summer our project  saw 2,109 initiated conversations, 1,046 spiritual conversations, 531 Gospel presentations, and 29 people begin a relationship with the Lord. Praise God! This is what Cru is all about. Giving people the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel and what a privilege it has been to have been a part of it, to visibly see God work and tangibly see His faithfulness played out in people lives.


The men and women in my Impact Group.

For all of you that have been faithfully supporting me over the course of the past two years, you can end your giving online, as I am now officially done with Cru. For those of you who are giving in the form of EFT your giving will not stop automatically. To end your automatic donation you can call 1-888-CRUSADE. You may also stop your EFT giving online (give.cru.org) or by emailing Donation.Services@Cru.org with my staff account number (0647322) and your giving information.  

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support, it has been a privilege doing ministry
 alongside each and every one of you. God bless!




No comments: