Monday, November 8, 2010

Seven Years Ago...

This past weekend was wonderful, just what my heart needed to get me through my mid quarter lull.  Along with getting to spend a little time with my parents and brother I got to spend Saturday afternoon with a dear dear friend of mine.

Jackie and I have been friends since high school. We met my sophomore year of high school and her freshman year when I decided to go out for the track team.  Somehow, we ended up being "running buddies" for the rest of my high school career.  Every run we ran (except for races, she was faster than me) we ran them together. Which made training so fun! Not to mention, she was such an encouragement to me when my races were rough. I graduated and went off to Cal Poly while she finished her last year of high school.

Then....
(high school throwback)




We have kept in touch these past few years and it has made for a beautiful friendship. This past weekend, we sat in Starbucks for three and a half hours talking about everything, and I mean everything. But a big portion of our conversation was about something very specific, wedding plans! Jackie got engaged earlier this year and will be getting married in May of 2011 and I could not be more thrilled for her. I'm so honored she has asked me to be apart of her wedding, to stand up with her as one of her bridesmaids as she marries the man of her dreams!

Now...




Here's to 7 years of friendship and many many more!






No comments: