These nights also give me the opportunity to work on my cooking skills, which I am excited to say are progressing! I have been researching new recipe's and taking a swing at some of my mom's recipe's (which are fabulous by the way). Here is the recipe that I got from my mom to make last Wednesday. It's quick, easy, delicious and I think it is safe to say that it was a hit (even with a picky eater in the mix).
Swiss Cheese Pie
1 ½ Tbsp flour
1 ½ Cup milk
1 ½ Tsp salt
A pinch of Lawry's seasoned salt
1 Cup shredded Swiss Cheese
1 Deep dish 9” pie crust
(Add as much of the bacon, broccoli, and carrots as desired).
1) Cook bacon and shred to tiny pieces.
2) Cut broccoli into tiny pieces.
3) Cook broccoli and shredded carrots (microwaving works).
4) Add flour, milk, eggs, salt and seasoned salt in a bowl and mix well.
5)Layer Swiss cheese on bottom of pie crust.
6) Add bacon, broccoli and carrots on the top of the cheese.
7) Top off by pouring the flour and egg mixture over the filled pie.
8) Bake at 400 for 15 minutes...
9) Then, turn down oven to 325 and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (until golden brown and bubbly on top).
|10) Serve and Enjoy!|
(I served with dinner rolls and cut up fruit).
|It quickly began to disappear!|
|None left for our late roommate. You snooze,you loose :P|
Wednesday nights make getting through the week that much easier. I love the cooking, eating and even more than those, the company!