Monday, January 10, 2011

For The First Man I Ever Loved on His Birthday

Today we get to celebrate the birthday of a great man, my dad! I can't even begin to describe how blessed I am that the Lord has given him to me. So in honor of him today, I would love to share with you what I love most about Him.

My Father is...

  • Caring-He has the biggest heart.
  • Encouraging-Through all my ups and downs, he has always been standing on the sidelines cheering me on. 
  • A great cook-My dad can cook and grill like its no bodies business. 
The Grill Master.
  • Supportive-He has supported me in everything I've done and all the decisions I have made, and for that I am so thankful.
  • Wise-I love listening to him talk because his wisdom radiates.
  • Respectable-Because of things like his wisdom and his work ethic, he is very well respected by people who know him.
  • Funny-He cracks me up! I think its safe to say that I get my quirky, weird sense of humor from him.
  • Mr. Fix It-There is absolutely nothing that my father can't fix, it is way cool!
  • Loving-My dad's love is unconditional, no matter how bad we screw up, he loves us none the less. There is no doubt in my mind how much he loves my mom (they are too cute) and us kids. He not only tells us, but it is seen through his actions.
The two lovebirds.
  • Hard Working-He works harder than anyone I know to provide for our family. There is a reason why he loves his recliner so much :)
  • Intelligent-My dad is very smart, without him I would have never made it through any of my math classes.
  • Devoted-My dad has been married to my mom for going on 35 years and he has an unceasing devotion to all four of his children.
  • And most of all I love that my dad is a follower of Christ. He lives his life for the lord, and the love he has for the the Lord is evident in his day to day life. He is a spiritual leader in his marriage and has raised his children in the Word. 
I can't thank God enough for blessing me with such a wonderful father for my time here on earth. It is so fun to see little glimpses and reflections of my Heavenly Father in my earthly father. I would love to one day find a man like my father, a man who can lead me, love me, encourage me, who has a quirky sense of humor that makes me laugh, and a knack for grilling meat (we'll see).

I deeply love and admire my father and am so thankful for all that he has done for me. So dad, I hope you have a very wonderful day today. Maybe do a little of this....


Happy Birthday 
to the first man to steal my heart!

I love you!




2 comments:

Jane Gordon said...

Oh Rae --- this is just the most incredible tribute to Dad. It melts my heart!

Anonymous said...

My Rae Rae...oh how I do love you! (Thanks and, "Love you more...") - Dad