Monday, January 31, 2011

Vintage Valentine

Valentine's Day is the busiest day of the year in the floral industry, and it is quickly approaching. Preparations at the Poly Plant Shop are well under way.  We began planning for the big day over a month in advance and we've been able to come up with some cute and creative ideas! One of the ideas that we decided on was that each girl would design and name two arrangements to be put on display for people to pick and choose from.  

When it comes to Valentine's Day flowers, I'm pretty untraditional. I'm not a huge fan of the whole red roses, greenery, and babies breath (fyi-I strongly dislike babies breath in any and all arrangements). I'm not a flower snob I promise, but I like thinking outside of the box for this holiday. I feel like every year I see the same thing over and over and OVER again. So, for my first design I tried something a little different. I have a huge thing for shabby chic and vintage styles and I will make any excuse to uses a mason jar. So I went a little in that direction.  

Vintage Valentine
Pink spray roses
Eucalyptus
Lavendar
Acacia
All in a mason jar wrapped with raffia




This will be a little experiment for me. I know that when it comes to V-Day, people are pretty set in their ways when it comes to flowers. But, it never hurts to try something new. And this bad boy is only $15.00 and you get to keep the jar!

So this Valentine's Day, think outside the box :)

1 comment:

Jane Gordon said...

I love them! That vintage look is just perfect for V-Day and the colors are way cool. Way to go (again) Rae. You rock!