Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome 2011

Just as quickly as 2010 came, it went. Looking back on the past year it was eventful, complete with plenty of ups and downs. Here a few of my highlights from 2010....

1.  I got to ring in 2010 in San Diego with hundreds of students at Campus Crusade Winter Conference in San Diego.

Amanda, Lisa, Jodi & I.


2. I had the opportunity to live with some amazing woman, who I have learned so much from.




3. I got an awesome job (that I was in no way qualified for) doing floral design for weddings. I have never had so much fun working before! I loved being able to learn new things. Here is some of what I got to create...

Bride's bouquet, this was a fun one!

White roses, pittosporum, and amaranthus.



Orchid centerpiece with pittosporum and curly willow.

Simple centerpiece, peonies, gerberas and Tulips.


Bridesmaid bouquet of mini pittosporum, lisianthus, orange roses, spider mums and monkey tails.



Bridesmaid bouquet of dahlia's, stock, bupleurum and billy balls

Bridesmaid bouquet of hydrangea, tulips and orchids.

One of my favorite bridesmaids bouquets; Dahlia's, pincushions, China berries and Freesia.



These were also very fun!


4. I started running again!

5. After a long two years, I finally got to fly to Virginia and visit my dear friend Sarah. It was my first time on the East Coast and we had a blast!

Spent a day in D.C.

Historical Williamsburg.

Visiting North Carolina.

Exploring Sarah's BEAUTIFUL school--UVA.

We wine tasted and explored!


6.  I became an aunt to the most beautiful baby girl!




There was a lot I took away from this past year, but I was happy to say goodbye and welcome in 2011. I don't know exactly what the Lord has planned for this coming year, but I am so excited to find out. Now here are some of the things I'm looking forward to in 2011...

1. Graduating from Cal Poly!!!

2. Finding out where the Lord wants me after graduation. I'm happy to say that I have officially submitted my application to intern with Campus Crusade at UC Irvine. I'm both scared and excited to see what He has in store.

3. Running the Orange County half marathon on May 5th.....Bring it on!

4. Turning 23 in a few months! I have to say that 22 has been an awkward age.

5. Watching my niece grow :)

6. Getting to be a part of my friend Jackie's wedding in the spring.

7. Continuing to get to know my Savior more and more!


Happy 2011 to you!


1 comment:

Beth said...

yay! Happy 2011!! I'm proud of you for getting through 2010 with a smile on your face.

Love you!